For the past few months I have seen the picture above floating around on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media sites. It is one of those pictures that epitomizes how much fun a backyard is during summer time. After doing some digging I found the brains behind this wonderful idea and it turns out to be Pottery Barn!
After reading through their directions I learned this project is surprisingly easy and extremely affordable.
What You Need
- 2 thick, white queen–size ironed flat sheets
- Top pole 1.5″ diameter x 10′ long
- Bottom pole 3″ diameter x 10′ long
- Rope — 2 different thicknesses
1. Start with two queen–size ironed flat sheets. Sew them together with white thread so the long sides are joined creating a tube.
2. Insert the 1.5–inch diameter pole and let the fabric hang down.
3. Attach thicker rope to the ends of the top pole so that it can be attached to a tree.
4. Once attached to a tree, slide the thicker pole through the tube created by the sewn sheets so that it creates a weight at the bottom of the screen.
5. Attach thinner rope to the ends of the bottom pole.
6. Insert two tent …read more